I am in a wonderful genealogy group on Facebook called DNA Tested African Descendants. The administrator is so good at eliciting responses and building conversations around a variety of topics! It’s a very enjoyable group.
The admin asked about family foods, but as we are coming into the holiday season for many religions and cultures, I want to broaden the question.
- Who were the great cooks and bakers in your family?
- Did they grow their own food?
- What are your favorite dishes that your parents and grandparents used to make?
- What foods from childhood do you miss?
- What were your favorite holiday foods?
- Would you share a recipe with us here?
Please post your replies here on the blog, or on the Facebook page. Thanks so much, and may your holidays be enjoyable!
PS: Plan ahead and use family get-togethers as a time to record your relatives’ stories on audio recording.